Monday, September 28, 2009

2. Important quotes!

The following quotes are taken from the book E.T. The Book of the Green Planet by Howard Kotzwinkle based on a story by Steven Spielberg. When I read the book and these quotes in particular I thought there must be a sequel!!! How can there not be a sequel?

“I [Mary] love this child, she thought, looking at Elliott, and I want him to be happy. And he wants me to be happy. And why do I feel like crying when I see him rooting for me, that my date should be successful and I don’t perform like a dumb terminal with Alex? She leaned down and kissed Elliott on the forehead. ‘You’re a good teacher Elliott.’” page 88.


"My head holds many whispers from Earth. My heart holds a feeling. I am bound to Earth, and to Elliott forever." page 155

“E.T. tried to answer, but no language from Earth or the stars could describe what he felt. His heart alone glowed, and from it came many vibrations- of a simple love he’d known, given by a stranger in the universe, a boy whose soul was somehow the hope of the world.” page 260.

No comments:

Post a Comment